Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Show Must Go On.....Maybe Not?

So I thought I'd share this story from the June 15 edition of the The Independent detailing a London performance of "The Pearl Fishers'" which should perhaps have given up and gone home.


The whole thing is hilarious and reads like a Monty Python skit rather than an actual performance that some paid for.


So I have to applaud the fact that these two women are using their musical talents to raise money for the charities of their choice. I have been told my views toward Rice are a bit too narrow, as in she makes me seethe, particularly by one ensemble director who was proud that such a high ranking official would also be a classically trained musician. My kinship for other musicians reaches pretty far, but I'm appalled by her policy choices, even as far back as her days at Stanford where her first major initiative was to get rid of services for students of color. It's around 35 minutes in:




Powered By: VideoBuzz

Anyway, here's wishing them success in their fundraising efforts....but please stay AWAY from policy in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Rice is a goddamned war criminal, and a torture apologist: http://crooksandliars.com/2008/03/13/condoleezza-rice-war-criminal

    ReplyDelete